TIMING FOR STUDENTS
0730-1340 hours on working days
|TIMING FOR VISITORS|
The timings for visitors to the school are as follows:-
Parents are not permitted to meet the Class Teacher / Subject-teacher in classes except on scheduled PTA meetings or with prior appointment.
Office Hours : Working Days 8.30 a.m to 2.00 p.m and 2.30 p.m to 4.30 p.m ( Monday to Friday)
Visitor's card (obtained from the school gate) is compulsory for all to visit the school premises.
School gates for students will close at 7.30 hrs. Late comers will be permitted to attend school only after getting express permission from Principal / Co-ordinator of Wings.
IMPORTANT POINTS FOR PARENTS
1. Read all the instructions carefully for compliance.
2. Check the School Diary daily for Homework assignment / instructions of Class Teachers / Tutorial Head /
Co-ordinator of Wings.
3. Routine letters / Notices / Circulars will be sent through students. Parents are expected to check them and acknowledge such letters.
4. For any query on academics / discipline contact the concerned class teacher or Tutorial Head / In charge Discipline / Vice Principal, first, before approaching Principal / Manager / Chairman.
5. Adhere strictly to the days and timings fixed for visiting school for meeting teachers / Co-ordinators / Principal.
6. For any query / complaint related to Army Transport, deal directly with 972 Tpt Coy.
7. It is mandatory to attend all PTA meetings and compulsory for school students to come in uniform while accompanying their parents to School.
8. Parents must collect their ward's Progress Report in person. The progress report will NOT be given to the students / relatives.
9. Ensure that your ward uses the prescribed pattern of uniform.
10. Inform the School in writing of any change in residential address, telephone number etc. so that parents may be contacted immediately, when required.
11. No change of subject is allowed after 31 Oct. for class XI.
12. Please obtain the residential telephone numbers of the class teacher.
13. Important Residential Telephone Numbers are as under.
Co-ordinator Primary Wing - 0120-2451174
Bursar - 0124-2367477, 9313233457 (M)
Head Clerk - 25693040 Extn-227 / 245
Counsellor (M Verma) - 25919131
|EXAMINATIONS & PROMOTION|
a) Periodic progress Report after each formative / Summative Term/Examination are given to the parents to keep them informed of the progress of their ward. Parents are requested to attend all PTA meetings.
b) APS is following an on-going system of evolution, a student’s performance will be adjudged on the basic of Scholastic & Co-scholastic assessment throughout the year for Classes VI to X and a three-tier System of evolution for Classes XI&XII.
c) Subject wise totals are converted into grades on a nine point grading scale, as per CBSE guidelines.
d) In case a student joins after 31 Dec. the result of only the Final examination will be considered for promotion (Class XI).
e) No detention policy till Class VIII as per DoE rule.
Continuous & Comprehends Evaluation/ grading system
(Introduced by CBSE in Oct. 2009) Class VI-X
a) As per the CCE guidelines of CBSE, an academic year has been divided into two terms. The first term will be from April-September and second term from October-March.
b) Each term will have two Formative Assessments (FA) and one Summative Assessment (SA) for evaluation of Scholastic areas.
FA 1: April-May
FA2 : July-August
FA3 : Oct-Nov
FA4 : Jan-Feb
SA2 : March
Note : FA4 will be PSA for classes IX and X
Part 1 : Scheme of grading in Scholastic Areas :
(a) subject specific Evaluation – using conventional numerical marking mode, which is later converted into grades on the basic of the pre-determined marks ranges as detailed below :
Part 2 : Assessment of Co-scholastic Areas 2 (A,B,C,D) AND (A,B) will be done on a 5 point scale (shown in the table below)
Grade Grade Points