2. Annual Sample Paper2 : -
Time:3 Hrs MM. 95
i)All questions in both sections are compulsory.
ii)Marks allotted for each question are indicated against it.
iii)Question Nos. 1 to 5 and 17 to 21 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark each. They should be answered in one sentence each
iv)Question Nos. 6—10 and 22- 28 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answers to these should not normally exceed 60 words each.
v) Question Nos. 11 to 13 and 29 are also short answer type questions carrying 4 marks each. Answers to these should not normally exceed 70 words each.
vi) Question Nos. 14-16 are long answer type questions carrying 6 marks each. Answers to these should not normally exceed 100 words each.
vii) Question Nos 30 – 32 carry 5 marks each.
viii)The word limit is not applicable to numerical questions.
1. Mention two examples of regional and economic groupings.
2. What is meant by ‘ Liberalisation’ in the context of the New Economic Policy 1991.
3. What is meant by physical capital ?
4. What is ‘disinvestment’ ?
5. Define worker – population ratio.
6. What objectives did the British intend to achieve through their policies of infrastructural development in India ?
7. Briefly explain any three causes of poverty in India.
8. Explain the Great Leap Forward campaign of China initiated in 1958.
9. Mention the salient demographic indicators of China , Pakistan and India.
What similar development strategies have India , China and Pakistan followed for their
respective developmental paths ?
- Why was it necessary for a developing country like India to follow self reliance as a planning objective?
11. a) How is the formal sector different from the informal sector?
b)Why are regular salaried employees more in urban areas than in rural areas?
12. a) What is a ‘subsidy’? b) Explain how import substitution can protect domestic industry?
Why was the Public sector given a leading role in industrial development in the planning
13. Explain how investment in ( a)education and (b) ‘on – the – job training’ is a source of human capital formation.
14. What are the main objectives of Privatisation under the New Economic Policy 1991.
15. What is organic farming? How does it promote sustainable development ? List any two limitations of organic farming.
Bring out the importance of animal husbandry, fisheries and horticulture as a source of diversification.
16. Outline any four functions of the environment Explain any two important strategies of sustainable development.
17. What is classification of data ?
18. What is the function of a stub in a table ?
19. What do you understand by a census survey ?
20. State any two sources of secondary data.
21. State any two uses of diagrammatic representations..
22. State any three functions of Statistics
23. State any three advantages of stratified sampling
24. The average marks for Statistics in a class of 30 students were 52. The top 6 students had an average of 31 marks. What were the average marks of the remaining students ?
25. State any three merits of the Median
State any three characteristics of a good average
26. Calculate the median from the given data:
Marks (mid points ) 59 61 63 65 67 69 71 73
No. of students 1 2 9 48 13 10 40 7
27. a)The median of a distribution is 50 while it first and third quartile are 40 and 70
respectively. Calculate the Quartile Deviation of the distribution
b)Calculate the Coefficient of Variation of a distribution whose Mean is 30 while its
Standard Deviation is 6.
28. With the help of a scatter diagram show a) perfect positive correlation b) a high degree of negative correlation . Give an example of any two economic variables which have a negative correlation.
29. Show the following data by a percentage diagram :
Year Wages Raw Material Work Cost Overheads
2007 60 80 44 16
2008 140 128 96 36
2009 36 30 25 9
Draw a less than Ogive from the following data:
Marks more than
No of students
30 Calculate the Mean Deviation from the Mode for the given data:
31 Calculate the coefficient of Rank correlation between X and Y from the data given
below and comment on your result:
X 11 10 15 13 10 16 10
Y 11 7 9 6 12 9 14
Calculate Karl Pearson’s coefficient of correlation between X and Y from the data
32 a)State any two difficulties faced in calculating Index Numbers.
b) From the given data, calculate the Price Index Number using Laspyere’s method:
Prices in 2008
Quantity in 2008
Prices in 2010
Quantity in 2010